Two Page Spread (SI #1)


 Here is my 2 page spread. It contains my two main ideas at the moment, Dante's imprisonment/escape and his revenge. 

    For his imprisonment I want to focus on contrast mainly through black and white; I want dramatic shadows and strong highlights to bring character to his imprisonment. For his escape, I want to go for the "Shawshank Redemption" feel in my photos, but if possible the small reminder that he isn't really free because of his desire for revenge.

    For his revenge I am really focusing on Dante's intense planing and build ups in his various schemes. I am trying to find ways in which I can express his thoroughness. I also want to explore how his revenge affect those around him and those he actually loves (i.e. Maximilian, Mercedes), and also how revenge is really a prison itself and how Dante isn't ever really free until the end.

Comments

  1. Great! write the name of your inspiration artist if you haven't already.:
    Tell why you like it.

    Your first piece: try to emulate the qualities you like in his work.

    Next Post reminder: write out your question (after we complete a worksheet on Monday) that includes your: Theme, Subject, Processes, Action, Media, and Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Materials: pencil, charcoal, pictures, sharpie
    Process: this is a brief outline of the important events that impact Edmond's revenge. The stark contrast in darks in lights in something I hope to focus on in most of my pieces because it will show Edmond's want for revenge and transformation into the Count of Monte Cristo.
    Ideas: These are the events that lead up to Edmond's revenge and how some of his revenge ended up panning out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts